Note: I have removed the real company names that I worked for and replaced it with “Company ABC” to keep their identify confidential.
Sr. Program/Project Manager
A Sr. Program/Project Manager successfully leading software development, packaged software, cloud, and process improvement projects in the property & casualty insurance, supply chain, manufacturing, and professional services industries.
|Expert level Project and Program Management||Experienced at developing methods & procedures|
|Extensive experience using Scrum and Kanban||Adept at implementing organizational change|
| Project Management Training and Mentoring
Experienced in defining and managing requirements
| PMP, RMP, CIE, and CSM certifications
Master’s degree Information Systems Management
Senior program manager/scrummaster may 2016 – Present
Managing global cloud program at “Company ABC” to create a cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and migrate eBiz web applications to the cloud.
- Leading the cloud enablement project to provide an automated CI/CD solution to cloud infrastructure and application deployment.
- Leading the cloud process project to integrate Mary Kay processes (incident, change, and problem) with a Managed Service Provider.
- Responsible for planning, risk management, project communication, identifying and managing requirements, grooming the backlog, and leading all Scrum ceremonies.
- Worked with IT leadership to develop a program management approach to planning, resource management, and release scheduling.
- Managing a global team with members in the U.S., China, and Russia.
- Teaching Scrum and agile principles to team members assigned to this program.
Tools: Visual Studio Team Services – Agile Tools, MS Project Professional, MS Office, WebEx
Senior consultant december 2015 – may 2016
Hired to provide consulting and training services to customers using Microsoft project and portfolio management solutions.
- Led several internal projects including the Retail Marketing Event, Protivix videos, Protivix website update, and CRM usage.
- Created a hybrid agile methodology and supporting delivery artifacts to be sold as a service to our customers.
- Conducted webinars and blog posts on using MS Project Professional for agile projects.
- Conducted weekly webinars on using MS Project for AT&T.
- Developed Microsoft Project Professional and Project Server courses.
Tools: Office 365 (Word, Excel, Visio, OneNote, PowerPoint), SharePoint 2013, MS Project Professional 2016, Project Server and Project Online 2013, Skype for Business, GoToMeeting
Ferris State University – Big Rapids, Michigan
Adjunct Professor August 2015 – December 2015
Taught online Project Management Fundamentals classes
Tools: Blackboard, Skype, YouTube, MS Project, Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
PMO Manager June 2012 – May 2015
I was hired to establish the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Created project change management process, software quality assurance procedures, and testing guidelines to improve the quality and profitability of our projects.
- Developed internal project kickoff including leading those meetings to ensure that we began projects with a clear understanding of the scope, schedule, risks, and resource requirements.
- Conducted project audit reviews at three key milestones preventing project disasters by providing guidance early and throughout the SDLC of the project.
- Developed and taught curriculum to advance project management knowledge based on the PMBOK.
- Designed portfolio dashboard and reporting for upper management to identify issues and communicate areas of improvement.
- Conducted annual Project Management Maturity assessments with supporting recommendations and action plan, resulting in a two point improvement using the CMMI model.
- Increase effective rates which identified the root causes of project overruns and implemented solutions to increase the gross margin on projects.
- Overhaul of statement of work (SOW) and pricing tool.
- Consulting engagement with Xilinx – (moving from IBM to Amazon AWS cloud.
- Consulting engagement with HP to implement Capital Projects.
Tools: MS Project, Smartsheet, Jira, Basecamp, Jama, Financial Force PSA (Salesforce), WebEx, Google Drive/Apps, and Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
Senior program/project Manager June 2005 – May 2012
I was responsible for leading strategic programs to enhance or replace core property & casualty applications within the company.
- Led Workers Comp E-Reporting project, where paper submissions had to be converted to an electronic format to be sent to the WC Bureaus. Efforts led to a savings of $500,000 per year.
- Spearheaded the replacement of an outdated rating system with a program that implemented a new modular formula-based rating packaged software solution (Ratabase) which radically reduced the time to market for rate and product changes.
- Replaced paper lienholder notifications to third parties with electronic notification packaged software solution, leading to a total savings of $50,000 per year.
- Led the program to re-engineering the current commercial lines agency portal to achieve a more usable and efficient system for our customers.
- Managed the Personal Lines Profitability Improvement and Insurance Operations Efficiency programs, increasing profitability in the Underwriting department.
- Conceived a new training program for Project Management called “Project Fast Start”.
- Created and implemented a comprehensive project management methodology based on the PMBOK and established the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Championed the research and implementation of the SCRUM agile project management framework.
IT Services Manager May 2000 – April 2005
Led the supply chain services team, monitoring the day-to-day operations, supply chain systems, and communicated the department scorecard to Supply Chain Management.
- Championed a Release Management process that led to 50% reduction in high severity issues in the first 6 months.
- Increased efficiency of the software development program by initiating various projects including but not limited to time tracking and defect tracking.
- Managed the day to day support and enhancements to the supply chain systems including item, vendor, cost, purchasing, and inventory management.
- Designed and implemented the staffing management process to formalize resource management.
Manager Systems Development & Financial Systems May 1986 – May 2000
I led the Systems Development Architecture and Financial Systems teams with 25 direct reports. Some of the systems under my supervision included the corporate intranet, project time reporting, version management, database management, and all corporate financial applications.
- Implemented the PeopleSoft HR/Payroll solution.
- Created applications for bill of materials, product build instructions, lot tracking, and product bar coding.
- Led the efforts to adopt an SDLC methodology (Microsoft Solutions Framework) for all software development.
- Created client server change control application.
- Led the project to re-write and re-platform the Defective Material Disposition Order system.
- Implemented the Niku project management suite.
- Provided support for lotus notes development, .NET, and PowerBuilder development.
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Ferris State University
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT: Ferris State University
- PMP – Project Management Professional acquired in 2006
- RMP – Risk Management Professional acquired 2013
- CSM – Certified ScrumMaster acquired in 2008
- CIE – Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience facilitator/instructor acquired 2015
- PMI member since 2004
- Scrum Alliance member since 2008
- Microsoft Project User Group (MPUG) member since 2016